Your main mission will be to supervise the production of the Matte Paintings and to ensure the visual and artistic coherence for the directors and the art director of Arcane season 2.
By matte painting, we mean the painting of all the sets of the series (2D color sets).
You are also responsible for the technical quality of the images delivered, under the responsibility of the CG sup.
In collaboration with the production, you will define the human and technical needs of the department, organize these needs and manage the team to achieve the expected artistic and technical quality while respecting the schedule and the budget.
You will supervise the Matte Painting department, its leads and graphic designers.
Based on the briefs of the directors and AD or artistic supervisors, you will master the artistic and technical links, as well as the links between 2D and 3D, and will coordinate the department, while taking into account these constraints.
Working with the directors and the art director, and in conjunction with the rest of the departments, you will ensure that the overall objectives and issues are communicated to your team.
You must be able to produce key images and propose manufacturing solutions that meet the constraints of the departments and production.
- In collaboration with the 3D Asset / Cammap Manager, you will facilitate communication between the various departments of the BG env, and define the methods that meet the artistic requirements within the deadlines and with the means available
- Script reading
- Animated viewing and technical analysis
- Actively participate in production meetings and make decisions on matters relating to matte painting
- Accompany the leads during the Brief and review of the sequences and shots of the project, by the directors, the DA or the artistic supervisors
- Participate in the various artistic and technical projects involving the department for the project
- Produce master shots
- Touch up shots as needed
- Work with other departments in the production chain, supervisors and production (passing on information, organizing meetings, Shotgrid notes, etc.)
- Take control of existing workflows and propose new ones to improve the team's efficiency
- Manage Matte leads and their teams (organization, management, follow-up, HR)
- Participate in the delivery of matte paintings to other departments
8+ years experience in Matte Painting, Feature Film or Series departments
2 / 3 years experience as a lead / department supervisor
Very good level in drawing and painting
Mastery of Photoshop
Knowledge of Mari and Shotgrid
Knowledge of 3D and 3D rendering (ex: Maya, Guerilla or equivalent)
Organization, pragmatism, reflection and proactivity
Ability to analyze, make decisions and prioritize
Easy communication and listening skills